Team Blue Screen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Using XNA

Go down

Now Using XNA Empty Now Using XNA

Post  Pikey07 Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:23 am

Me and Tom had an idea and this is for those who weren't in lesson when it was put forth and for those who found it better to not listen to me (cause I’d not listen to me too given the chance) I’ll write it here as confirmation.

I spent a while getting the plugin for MAX 9 to work with Torque but we have decided to go down a different route. Torque looks to be the simpler tool for developing a PC game which at best won’t stand out from a crowd unless we have something really special. So we thought it would be a better move to use Microsoft’s XNA. Not only because using something other than torque will get us more brownie points with the course leader, but because we can actually have the game running on a 360 when it is time to demonstrate it working. The fact it will be more useful to learn XNA than torque for those of us that want to get into the programming business, it shows we’re taking the initiative and doing something that will be beneficial to our future career.
If there are any objections or thoughts please let me know

Pikey
Pikey07
Pikey07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum