Team Blue Screen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level Designs

4 posters

Go down

Level Designs Empty Level Designs

Post  Nezza Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:37 am

I have a few Ideas for what levels we could do, if anyone wishes different or has any suggestions, just reply.

Hub world - The Shining Isles, a sort of amalgamation of all of the other world, bits of each, around the areas of each, for example, forests around the forest level.

Forest Level - Large tress for wall climing or exploring, open ended and/or enclosed areas, enemys would reflect the level, so bugs, killer plants etc.

Ice mountain level - Slippery frozen areas, falling down hills creates a snowball effect, maybe even a snowboard area.

Water world/temple - Large lakes for swimming and exploring, waterfalls etc, possible to combine the ice and water worlds, so that maybe at one point in the water world you hit a switch or something and the world frezes over.

Desert World - Large open areas to explore, Small and/or massive sand dunes, mirages of random crap.

Subterranian World - A volcanic or volcano world, underground or in a volcano, magma everywhere, very rocky, climbing, maybe out of the volcano.

Machine tech world - Generic factory, coveyer belts, cogs, general machinery to menuver on.

Final world castle (The Nights Keep) - Final world, a large castle kind of area, stone walls, floors, just the final boss, or a main level, then final boss.

There are some ideas, obvoiusly we cant do all of them, unless we think thats possible, but about 4 and the Nights Keep seem about right, post feedback about what you think, or which level you would like to keep so designers acan get come concepts.

Nezza

Back to top Go down

Level Designs Empty Re: Level Designs

Post  Monkey Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:56 am

wasn't the level design in super mario 64 very similar to that in someway?

I have a suggestion for level design... instead of having a straight forward path of just getting to the ninja's to free them... the player could be faced with different challenges (possibly not related to platform games in general in order to free the ninja's) this idea was briefly used in an old PSX game "Croc" and added more challenge to the game as a result.

and if we're using ninja's as the character base for this game... would it be too obvious to stick with the same theme for level design.... i.e. ancient Japanese architecture but with cartoon style?
Monkey
Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 am

yeah, i know the game you mean, and yeah i think that would be great idea, add more depth to it.

Nezza

Back to top Go down

Level Designs Empty levels

Post  Vardarer Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:42 am

I was just thinking. I agree with the oriental theme, which i think could work realy well for the hub world and the final level, but rather than changing each level so that it is a different theme why not just leave them as they are but make them more oriental. For example; the forest level could contain trees that are usualy found in asia, like cherry blossom trees. The city/machine level could simple be based around Tokyo or Hong Kong.

Vardarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:41 am

cool so we need to model lots of trees, big techy buildings, mountains, volcanoes etc...

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down